14 Southgate Road is nestled between Islington, De Beauvoir Town conservation area and Hoxton. It offers the best of all worlds combining a location next to the business heart of the capital, a peaceful working environment created by the adjacent parks and canal, and the buzz of the trendy bars and restaurants of nearby Islington, Old Street and Shoreditch.
14 Southgate Road is well connected to London’s transport system with buses to The City, Waterloo and London Bridge. Essex Road Station and Haggerston Station are 500 metres away each.
The business centre comprises 17 units ranging from 590 sq. ft. to 1,365 sq. ft., providing a total of circa 14,288 sq. ft. over two floors.
15 of the units are accessed via the office reception area, and offered as individual spaces, but could be combined to provide additional flexibility.
The remaining 2 units have their own direct access from the street.
There are generous common parts which are currently utilised as break out and amenity space. These were originally designed by Morris + Company Architects and include polished resin floors, backlit wall linings, modular light fittings and oversized entrance doors.
There is male, female and disabled WC accommodation in the common parts.
The office accommodation is fitted and provides the following amenities:
Perimeter trunking with power and data cabling
Good natural daylight
There are 6 car parking spaces available.
Essex Road (National Rail)
Old Street (Northern & National Rail)
Buses 21, 76, 141, 271
Asset Management Opportunities
• Provides short and medium term asset management opportunities
• Refurbishment and upgrade of the entrance and common parts. There are generous common areas which can be utilised as break out, meeting and amenity space to all the occupiers.
• Refurbishment of the individual suites as they become vacant.
• Opportunity to significantly improve on the rental value once the space is refurbished.
• Opportunity to sell the individual units to owner occupiers. There is proven demand in this location from owner occupiers, particularly in the sub £1 million market.
• Opportunity to convert the commercial spaces to residential apartments, subject to a change of use to C3 residential.
The property is held on a 999 year lease from 29th September 2002 under title number EGL45606.
The annual ground rent is £12,000.
The property has been elected for VAT.
EPCs are available upon request.
£5,500,000 plus VAT
Subject to contract
Approximate floor area
Property Misdescriptions act 1991 / Misdescriptions Act 1967. Anton Page LLP for themselves and for the vendors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that: These particulars do not form any part of any offer or contract: the statements contained therein are issued without responsibility on part of the firm or their clients and therefore are not to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact, any intending purchaser must satisfy himself as to the correctness of each statement made herein: and the vendor does not make or give, and neither the firm nor any of their employees have the authority to make or give, any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property. All prices exclude VAT.